View Single Post

Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 AM
n/a

BTK - I *asked* if it was a knee-jerk reaction. It's no insult to say "I don't trust <person> to such a degree that, if they said the sky was blue, I'd still look up" and that was the *impression* I get from the earlier post.

As far as the predictions go, you don't need to be a swami to have had a good feeling for what the new administration was going to try to do. they said as much during the campaign. Oh, sure, the bits of it might be a little different, but overall we're still looking at various "reform" measures and a public option. At least, to me, that's the 30,000 foot view of things.

I was speaking more to your predictions of what would happen if the current package becomes law. To me, it appeared that some of those predictions were self-contradictory. However, I also pointed out where I agree with you. Nobody can argue the fact that covering the uncovered is going to cost SOMETHING in the short term - it's just a question of where it's going to come from. The politicians can double-speak all they want but SOMEONE has to write the checks.

I just don't see any real progress towards cost containment - and many of the points I brought up before are geared towards that.