Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Many "accomplished" golfers like Sue, (I have played a long time but still can't break 100) many good golfers have a great deal of patience with beginners and truly can help them with rules and directions and club choices.

My husband Sweetie has gone out on the course with many of my beginning friends and because of his patience, calmness and good direction has helped them so much that they are playing well and enjoying the game.

I have been present when some husbands were very impatient and directing and just plain frustrated and have caused everyone in the foursome to have a miserable time.

I certainly understand that it is hard enough to understand this challenging game without feeling stupid every time you " whiff" or dig the dirt or hit it four feet. But just remember that every golfer has been there. It is the measure of their kindness, and patience in the other areas that make them good golf teachers for friends.It makes me impatient to meet Sue.

I hope you do well in this game that you can play for life. You will find that you can quickly find the measure of a person's character on the golf course.

I hope you will let me play in your foursome when the weather gets warm, when Gretchen gets healed, and I get down there.

Keep your eye on the ball Bare.

Gracie, I didn't realize you were still up north with Gretchen. I hope she is healing quickly. Poor thing.

To be truthful, you aren't missing much. The weather is very cool, and most peeps are huddled indoors waiting for warmer weather. I haven't even used my new pink clubs!