Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage

Gracie, that is such good news about Gretchen. I'm sure her recovery period will be much more enjoyable in a warmer clime.

I haven't been posting much recently either. Because we are in the process of moving within The Villages. Our Courtyard Villa has sold and it is time to move on. I am sad because I loved that villa a lot. However we decided we needed a double garage and driveway, which is wonderful. And a Man Cave for Fireboy.

I honestly forgot how really horrible it is to have a house listed, and have to clean it every morning to "model" perfection. And then the actual move itself. I think my middle name is now bitchy. Moving is no fun at all!

So now we're in the process of having the new (resale) house painted, unpacking boxes and hanging pictures, ordering sun tunnels, a birdcage, a new glass front door, setting up lawn maintenance and pest control, and getting estimates galore. Arrrrrg. Deja Vu to three years ago when we first moved to The Villages.

I've even ordered an invisible fence from Dog Watch. Me!! (I hereby apologize to all of the people I told "I'd never have an invisible fence.) I once thought they were so inhumane. Now that I've tried the shock mechanism on my arm and could barely feel it, I am much more comfortable. Apparently it is more of a surprise to the dog, than meant to cause punishment.

The first week involves training without the current on. We are required to train the dogs twice a day. The collar merely beeps when the dogs approach the perimeter of the property which is flagged. Then we bring the dogs back to the middle of the lawn and praise them. (You can see me outside in my bathrobe in the early morning running around the coloured flags. A sight to avoid for sure.)

I think the dogs are both starting to get the idea. However if you see Lolli Pop chasing ducks on the Churchill Golf Course, you'll know that invisible fencing doesn't work.

Soon I hope to start newby golfing, play more mahjongg and hang out at LSL again. And please remind me ... never to move again!