Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I've even ordered an invisible fence from Dog Watch. Me!! (I hereby apologize to all of the people I told "I'd never have an invisible fence.) I once thought they were so inhumane. Now that I've tried the shock mechanism on my arm and could barely feel it, I am much more comfortable. Apparently it is more of a surprise to the dog, than meant to cause punishment.

The first week involves training without the current on. We are required to train the dogs twice a day. The collar merely beeps when the dogs approach the perimeter of the property which is flagged. Then we bring the dogs back to the middle of the lawn and praise them. (You can see me outside in my bathrobe in the early morning running around the coloured flags. A sight to avoid for sure.)

I think the dogs are both starting to get the idea. However if you see Lolli Pop chasing ducks on the Churchill Golf Course, you'll know that invisible fencing doesn't work.

Soon I hope to start newby golfing, play more mahjongg and hang out at LSL again. And please remind me ... never to move again!

Congratulations on the new house and wishing you many happy years in your new home.

Good luck with the invisible fencing! We had Invisible Fencing install ours. The installer/trainer was very professional he taught us how to train the Girls and it works great! He says he has never had it not work but training is the key to success. We love the freedom the invisible fence provides for the girls and the security it provides us. I hope it works out for you as well as it has for us.