Thread: Inventors Club
View Single Post

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Default Inventor Club

John,
I might be interested. I am a retired mechanical engineer and former business owner who had 70+ people when I sold the company. The company built custom "one of a kind" machinery. My responsiablitiy was to design a cost effect machine to perform a specialized need required by our customer. My duties involved supervising the mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydrauic engineers. We then sent the engineering plans to our manufacturing department, who built the machinery. Most of our equipment was highly automated and included mulitiple motors, cylinders and cams that where controlled by solid state controllers. Approx. 25% of what we built was an "invention", but very rarely was anything actually "patentable". I mention this because I am interested in your inquiry for a new inventors club, but also I have many questions as to what you think you would like to do with this club. In 40 years of manufacturing about 10 million dollars of machinery per year I have only seen about a dozen true patentable machines and only two became true money making inventions. Give me a call and leave you phone number 352-446-0918.
Ray