Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Default Hair Dye Hell and Heaven!

I need therapy when it comes to dying hair! What a nightmare I have been through! I have long hair that is naturally dark brown and after dying my own roots for 18 years with Natural Instincts, it coated my hair and turned it black! Nothing would get it out! (Don't use Natural Instincts to cover grey roots if you don't want it to coat your hair FOREVER!) Since I have vitiligo and have a white face with no pigment, the black hair looked hideous! (I looked like a DEAD WITCH!) The black hair had to go even if it meant I would have to go to a short spiked hairdo! After 6 1/2 months of nightmare, peroxide and bleach washes, color removers and a born blonde lighteners, the black is gone, FOREVER!!! Hallaluia! My hair is a pretty red and I get lots of complements and I am HAPPY! It damaged my hair, but I managed to keep it conditioned heavily in between lightening, and it's still long! Some fell out, but I wear hair extentions to fill it out, but don't have to and it stills prevails!
Oh, yes, I found out that cheap Revlon Colorsilk (strawberry blonde and light auburn) lighten my roots beautifully after spending many bucks at Sally's trying all their many red colors that looked too red. My hair looks natural!!
Happy days are here again!!