View Single Post

Old 02-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
First, I am glad that most of the TV posters here agree that support groups should be open to TV neighbors.

FL, hope you keep enjoying your basketball. I also I hope you can understand why opening the TV rec. amenitites to the public is different and does not make sense. It's not because we are mean! Here is my understanding-- someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

Your taxes did not pay for these facilities. The costs to build and maintain the commons areas inside The Villages is paid by Villages homeowners. In addition to paying maintenance bonds, TVers pay an amenities fee to use the rec facilities. It wouldn't make sense for TVers to pay for the facilities and for non-TVers to use them for free. In addition, if the facilities were open to the public, they would become overcrowded, too. So, the TVers who must pay to maintain and use these facilities would have limited access, in order to accomodate people who are not paying to maintain or use the facilities.

Hope this helps. Peace and good wishes.
Well said, Pturner - It is crowded now during the in season. Can you imagine what it
would be like if non-residents would be admitted, not to mention it would be at OUR expense?
I do agree with the medical support, however.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.