View Single Post

Old 02-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Get someone who has played the game a lot to help you. Almost every golf hole has some lots that are great and others that are really bad. I personally like to be just past the average drive length. Maybe around the 250 to 300 yard marker. Most golfers will be there or a little short of there. There second short will be hit far past you, and the really good golfers with the longer drives hit more fairways. Also be on the left side, and if you can find a fairway with a dogleg right you will have people trying to miss right vs left. Also prefer the cart path on the opposite side.

However every hole is a little different so the above ideas are only a starting point. My home is on the Huron course, the par 4, and right at the turn of the street. So as the street moves away from the course and the course turns slightly to the right. There are also several very large live oaks between me and the course. To date I have only found two golf balls on my lot and both of those were very near where the lot and course meet and far away from the house.

In VA I also live on a golf course, but have 4 acres and am closer to a tee box on a par 5. My house sits about 80 yards away from the fairway on the left side with lots of very tall trees in between. I find a LOT of balls on my lawn that is next to the fairway (5 or 6 every time I mow), a lot in the trees, but again so far the house has never been hit. Have found a few somewhat close, but never hit.