View Single Post

Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Cool T box not a guarantee

When I was in Marietta GA, we had a house on the 4th T box. Par 3.
You can get a golf ball in your yard once in awhile, no matter where you are on a course.
I had someone who was learning hit the ball off the T and have it land on my lanai which was 50 degrees to the left and 250 feet away. (I was working on a stained glass piece at the time and it landed on it. Guy payed no worries) I also had someone hit a high shot, trying to get out of the bunker on the 3rd green that landed in my front yard hitting my car in the driveway. I was on the cart path side and yes people can get loud especially if they are drinking heavy. (Our course had a beer cart running around so people by the 17th hole where pretty drunk, why I bought on the 4th)
And the mowers are loud but I had 75 ft deep backyard so it didn’t bother much, I wasn’t sitting out on the lanai at 6 am anyway. If they mow in the early evening it might be an issue. All in All it was a good spot however, fun to watch the people T off and then react to the shots. I use to tip the lawn care guys in the fall and they would drive into my back yard and suck up all the leaves, probably not an issue in TV, as it sounds like most have a yard service.