Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
OK, I'm curious. Can you tell me about hair extensions .. where you get them, how much they cost, etc.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has tried permanent makeup in TV .. eyebrows, eyelashes, etc.

P.S. My nail fungus is almost gone. The doctor said to use a topical fungus solution. Not oral. Too hard on the liver.

I'm not sure I'll ever get artificial nails again. I love the look for sure. But they are so time consuming, and the fungus was disgusting.
I bought hair extentions years ago before anyone knew about them. Recently,
I get them from U.N.I. beauty supply in Ocala and at Holly's beauty Supply in Leesburg, but I buy the hair wefts, they come on a line 5 feet long, I cut them to length and sew them together to create the length and volume I want. I use elastic I removed from old wigs to sew the lines of hair together. The extentions you can buy on line can vary, you never know what you are getting, so I do not buy them on line any longer. Matching your own color, texture and curl is very difficult. I always color my extentions to match my hair. Buying bulk hair is the most inexpensive way to go. Extentions are the same hair with clips sewed on them. They charge extravagant amounts of money just for the sewing, which I do myself. Both beauty supply stores sell the clips. It takes patience to do this, but it's so worth it for me. I get alot of compliments on my hair, and noone can tell I am wearing extentions. I blend them into my long hair by parting my hair and simply clamping downs the small clips. I don't even know I am wearing them. I hope this helps someone!!!