Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I'm not sure I'll ever get artificial nails again. I love the look for sure. But they are so time consuming, and the fungus was disgusting.
My daughter-in-law turned me on to "sculpted" nails about 10 years ago. For me, it was an answer to my prayers because my nails were SO soft and were always splitting. I never had nice nails so I appreciated the look and the strength they gave me.

However, I HATE spending the time (and money) at a salon. I would let them go for about 3-4 weeks and they looked horrible towards the end. I know that the nail ladies were always talking about me behind their masks in Korean! Don't ask me how I knew....I just knew!

Now my DIL tells me that she no longer gets her nails done...she now uses "Hollywood" nails.

I looked for Hollywood nails at Walgreens and they had none, so I purchased "Kiss Everlasting French" nails...and I LOVE them!!

They look great (very natural) and I've had lots of compliments. They are not as strong as a sculpted nail, but they give me the added strength that I need and they make me feel good about my hands again! I have had a couple come off when I was using them strenuously (planting, scraping a pan) but you get extras in the box, so you just glue on another one!

These are NOT your old "press on nails". They have greatly improved and I am so glad I found them!

Last edited by ceejay; 03-13-2010 at 07:46 AM.