|

09-24-2026, 12:33 PM
|
|
Gold Member
|
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: The Enclave
Posts: 1,065
Thanks: 204
Thanked 843 Times in 398 Posts
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief
If society collapses, the place you don't want to be is a densely populated mega-city. Central FL would fare much better than NYC. Here you have people who would help each other, there you have people who don't even know their neighbors.
Wherever you are, you'd better have guns and lots of ammo. And fresh water. Nobody is going to be trading with cash or gold, so maybe something others would want, which you could guess but would be hard to predict, other than more ammo.
Older people are not going to fare well in general, so be at peace with the good life you have lived, and hope you can hang on until things improve. Get in shape NOW if you're not already; by then it will be too late.
|
I hope it never happens.
__________________
I've got a pool. I've got a pond. Pond's good for you...
Last edited by LeRoySmith; 09-25-2026 at 03:52 AM.
|