Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
My daughter-in-law turned me on to "sculpted" nails about 10 years ago. For me, it was an answer to my prayers because my nails were SO soft and were always splitting. I never had nice nails so I appreciated the look and the strength they gave me.

However, I HATE spending the time (and money) at a salon. I would let them go for about 3-4 weeks and they looked horrible towards the end. I know that the nail ladies were always talking about me behind their masks in Korean! Don't ask me how I knew....I just knew!

Now my DIL tells me that she no longer gets her nails done...she now uses "Hollywood" nails.

I looked for Hollywood nails at Walgreens and they had none, so I purchased "Kiss Everlasting French" nails...and I LOVE them!!

They look great (very natural) and I've had lots of compliments. They are not as strong as a sculpted nail, but they give me the added strength that I need and they make me feel good about my hands again! I have had a couple come off when I was using them strenuously (planting, scraping a pan) but you get extras in the box, so you just glue on another one!

These are NOT your old "press on nails". They have greatly improved and I am so glad I found them!
That is extremely interesting. I've never considered Walgreen nails. Perhaps I'll experiment. I am not eager to repeat the artificial nail process ... so much time and grinding to look good. I always hated wasting two hours every two weeks at a nail salon.

And yet, I look at my stubby little fingernails, and sigh, I remember how pretty my pink and whites used to be.

I have some questions:

Do you wear them all the time? Are they hard to apply? (I find false eyelashes incredibly hard to attach). Do you need to "cut the nails provided to size"? Can you put these nails on for a special occasion (I have a wedding to attend.) How hard is it to remove the nails?