Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Wildwood Commissioners Voted to Raise Taxes for Next Year
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 08:46 AM
margaretmattson margaretmattson is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 1,395
Thanks: 622
Thanked 1,335 Times in 605 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyckCabin View Post
I love Amendment 3 like the rest of you. But I truly believe these darn politicians will just back door in levy’s and bonds to keep their same level of wealth.

I wish Amendment 3 specifically said cities and counties couldn’t do that. The whole point is limit government spending and enhance accountability.
Several new laws have been created to stop local governments from back dooring the residents. Legislators want the local governments to tax within residents' means. This is their objective. I see new laws being created if and when local governments try pulling a fast one.