Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Wildwood Commissioners Voted to Raise Taxes for Next Year
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 08:50 AM
mikemalloy mikemalloy is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 238
Thanks: 14
Thanked 221 Times in 115 Posts
Default

This past summer, residents of St. John's village requested that a sidewalk be built along the bussiest street in the northern section. Residents who walk to their mailboxes or the rec center have to walk in a rather narrow busy street often half blocked by landscaping vehicles. It was requested as a matter of safety. The city rejected the request. Taxpayers foot the bill for sidewalks along Rt. 44 between Buena Vista and Morse that NO ONE uses. Wildwood can put a ramp garage in a desserted downtown but a needed 400 yd. sidewalk is denied. I can't wait to vote for Amendment 3. I wish I could vote twice. My neighbors feel the same way.