Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Eminent domain is here in the villages!
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 11:54 AM
Bill14564 Bill14564 is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 9,727
Thanks: 3,307
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,929 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The Sabal Trail pipeline doesn't run through The Villages. It also isn't a new project: the map you're looking at is from an old article. Despite years of protests, the pipeline was finished and began carrying natural gas in 2017.

In Sumter County it mostly follows an existing Duke Energy power-line corridor, crossing I-75, State Road 44 and the Florida Turnpike on its way toward Lake County southeast of Center Hill. A 2017 report put The Villages about six miles northeast of where the pipeline crosses I-75, just north of SR 44 near Wildwood. So it passes to the southwest of The Villages, not through it.

Opus 5.5
I found a map, which I’ll need to find again, that showed a major gas line following the Turnpike through the Villages. Perhaps that is not Sabal but another gas line.

Here is the map. In 2017 that path may have been about six miles southwest of the Villages. The Villages has grown a bit since then.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works.
Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so.


Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; Today at 12:51 PM.