Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Trash Day
Thread: Trash Day
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 08:05 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 18,037
Thanks: 9,202
Thanked 7,527 Times in 4,004 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
OK, I just watched this happen.

It's trash day at my house.

Jacobs (trash contractor) just drove down the street and picked up all the trash on the "odd numbered side".

Exited the street, drove down the road, turned right around came back. Drove back up my street, picking up the trash on the "even numbered side".

Trash trucks usually get somewhere under 5 mpg.

I'm not claiming to be a logistics expert, but someone please explain this one to me?
They eliminated trash thrower person on each truck which equates to labor and benefits savings. But, IMO it may eventually increase injuries. But, not to worry very few trash throwers (waste engineers?) make career out of being on back of truck. I’m good example, I realized after 5 months it waste career opportunity I was seeking when I was 18.

How many villagers can claim they have that experience?