Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Trash Day
Thread: Trash Day
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 03:33 PM
jimhoward's Avatar
jimhoward jimhoward is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Oct 2024
Posts: 910
Thanks: 42
Thanked 840 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Not everyone has room for a large plastic garbage container(s) inside their home.

I personally don’t want to have to deal with large plastic trash containers. Been there, done that!

As far as image is concerned! Putting out trash two times a week is not a pretty sight, which the “Villages” apparently puts up with!
I am the opposite. I keep a standard rolling trash container in my garage. I put the trash in it so I don't have loose trash bags in my garage. I then roll the trash container to the end of my driveway and unload it onto the driveway the night before trash day. I then roll the now empty trash container back into my garage. If they went to mechanized pick up, my life would be essentially unchanged. But I am fine with the current system as well.