Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Keep Your Gas Tanks Full
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 07:56 AM
Bill14564 Bill14564 is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 9,769
Thanks: 3,327
Thanked 9,590 Times in 3,939 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
You might want to check, but I believe EVs are ILLEGAL if a hurricane evacuation is called in Florida. I know when EVs first came out they were. Maybe it's changed?
???? EVs are illegal? Do the EV-police check your garage and issue tickets for your now-illegal vehicle? Will there be checkpoints before getting onto the Turnpike, I4, I75, etc? (unfortunately, I can imagine the state trying some of that)

In 2023 some legislator made a comment about banning EVs during an evacuation. I can find the comment but no reference to an actual bill.

In 2024 FDOT deployed emergency charging stations along evacuation routes.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works.
Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so.


Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; Today at 08:38 AM.