Talk of The Villages Florida - View Single Post - Getting prescriptions filled by Canadian Pharmacy's to stop October 22nd.
View Single Post
 
Old Today, 02:14 PM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 8,983
Thanks: 4,377
Thanked 12,711 Times in 4,178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSO/ISPF View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — I know I save that much on Eliquis which is available in generic form from Canada but not in the US. Vote in November.
That’s just wrong. When I had my knee replacement last summer the doctor prescribed me 30 days of Eliquis. When I went to pick up the script they wanted $850 for 30 pills, so I asked the doctor if there was another blood thinner I could take that my part D insurance would cover. I was given a 30 day supply of the generic Lovenox instead, which was 60 prefilled syringes that cost me $200. It sure would have been nice to take one pill per day for a month instead of having to inject myself twice per day. But being the frugal New Englander that I am, I did the injections to save $650.