View Single Post

Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Hi again, cappyjon,

Now, back to your question.

I have not been inside the high school in TV, but I got an impression of some of the kids during our first visit to rent a couple of years ago.

The public library is close to the school, and after school, kids were in the library. We used the library for computer access because we were renting a place that had none.

The library had a time limit on computer use, and I must say that when the time was up, the time was up, and the kids I saw were extremely polite about it.

Now, that might seem like a small thing. But it really is not a small thing.

There are public libraries everywhere where librarians are really hassled by people who will not give up the computers to others after the time has elapsed. (Of course, there are plenty of adults who can be rude and obnoxious about public computer use, too.) Anyway, the kids I saw just seemed like nice kids who understood how they needed to behave. I know that's only a snapshot I am giving you, but I hope it helps a little.

My guess is that the salaries might be pretty low because charter schools sometimes are. But it might be a really nice place to teach, especially as a second career. Also, I do not know anything about Florida teaching license requirements. If you have not looked into that, you might want to check with the state.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-12-2010 at 09:21 PM.