View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Thumbs up Great topic

You sure did Diskman. After reading all 400+ replies, can't wait to be immersed in TV lifestyle. So much to do, so little time left to do it all in b4 we're 'all in'. Should be closing on ours the 29th & hope to get settled in shortly thereafter. On the subject of dislikes, one thing most people seem to agree on are the roundabouts or as New Englanders say, rotarys. I ran into them in NJ back in the 60's and thought they were a terrible idea. Most places that had them finally agreed and got rid of them. Now, like bad ideas in congress, they are popping up all over the country. The idea hasn't gotten any better. If you could count on common sense and courtesy, the would probably work very well. Unfortunately sense does not seem too common anymore and courtesy is rapidly disappearing. My other dislike is that there seems to be only one way to get from the Historic side to the Squares via cart. I.E. the "Bridge". Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. My understanding of cart rules is that we can't cross 27/441 at controlled intersections with a cart. Oh well, nothing is perfect but TV comes darned close on this earth.
- Irving Kristol