Thread: ROCK MUSIC
View Single Post

Old 04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Default Rock Music

Working hard to get to TV as soon as the divorce is worked out and I retire (either this August or next). I've played in bands for years...pretty left of center stuff. Alternative tunings...odd time signatures...lots of delay...lots of effects...looping...I even have a Martin D-28 with a midi set-up to control synths.

My first concert was Tommy James in 1967. Since then - Jefferson Airplane, Dead, Stones, Who, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, CSNY (I was there for 4 way street), Blind Faith, Dylan with and without the Band, Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles (I drove Cameron Crowe to the show!), Derek and the Dominos (with Elton John opening), Springsteen (countless times - I even have him reading an offer to play at my wedding on a boot), the Ramones, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Jam, The Smiths, Patti Smith, Talking Heads, Radiohead (my fave), Fleet Foxes, Sonic Youth, Tortoise, Andrew Bird, My Bloody Valentine, Grizzly Bear, The Association, The Turtles, Buddy Rich, Brian Wilson with and without, McCartney, Harrison and Caetano Veloso. There are lots of others - that's just the ones that stand out. Oh, Randy Newman, Pat Methany, Mahavishnu, Chuck Berry, Wilco, and Cocteau Twins.

My one regret - having Joy Division tickets and then Ian hung himself. Ah, Love Will Tear Us Apart.

When I get down to TV, look me up - I share music. ps - Joni Mitchell kissed me. Cheers - Gary