Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Oh Boomer and Trudy

I did enjoy reading your posts. Boomer it seems many things have changed. Trudy... I bet you were surprised at your wedding.

Weddings in Indiana...well, yes, I did display my gifts for weeks before the wedding for friends to come and see...not so with my 2 daughters though. Also you you had the gifts delivered to the home of the bride and did not show up at the wedding with a gift unless it was money in a card.

Then there is the matter of the time of the wedding....I was taught the wedding should always be 1/2 past the hour...it was simpley bad luck if the hands of the clock were not sweeping up. Does anyone else remember this?

I had to relearn what is done now days when my daughters got married. First mistake I made was having my first daughter register for china which now sits in boxes in her closets. Not to worry ...she is building a new home with a dining room in it ...maybe we will see the china after all. Youngest daughter married a musicain...good thing she never registered for china .

So funny to her wedding traditions/etiquette.