Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
I still work and my free time is precious. My hair is just getting too long and shabby and I need to have it trimmed. Trimmed....that's all...just trimmed...not styled or colored or permed etc. etc. etc....just trimmed!
I went to Cal's Barbar Shop in the Colony Plaza. I was told I could just walk in...just like men do in a barbar shop. I walked in, all the barbar's were busy but no one was waiting. I entered my name in the book and checked that I was a walk-in. After waiting patiently for 15 minutes, one of the stylists finished up, then proceeded to the back room for about 5 minutes. I thought "Ok, she needed a bathroom break or whatever". She returned, walked over to me, asked what I needed. I told her and she turned away, walked over to the other 2 girls who were cutting hair and began discussing me. They talked, kept glancing at me (making me feel very uncomfortable) and she finally came back. She asked me if I had an appointment. I told her "No, I was told I could just walk in, just like the men do...I don't care WHO cuts my hair...I just need it trimmed". She then proceeded to tell me that they recommend that women make an appointment and would I like to make one? "No", I told her. She told me that they make appointments every 15 minutes and that they all had appointments. THERE WAS NO ONE WAITING!!! And in the 10 minutes she spent discussing me, she could have trimmed my hair! I feel totally discriminated against! Now, I am stuck. My hair is still too long and shabby and now I don't have time to get it cut for at least another week! I walked out in a huff and cried all the way home. Was I asking too much????
Thank you for listening...I feel much better now...even though I am shabby looking.
Ceejay I want to give you a hug! NO, you were NOT asking too much. I seem to go through these types of scenarios with hair stylists a lot myself. We are snowbirds and just b4 we left TV I had my hair cut and colored. Now I am old enough to know that if I get a bad hair cut to wait 4 weeks and get another one and everything will be fine. NOT so with this cut! Big chunks cut out all over, looked like my 5yr old granddaughter had gotten ahold of it. I had to hurry and find someone else and go back the next day for another $75.00 (had some highlights put on over the awful color), and that guy didn't do much better!
My point is I SO feel your pain....especially about crying all the way home. It gets so frustrating putting out all that money not to mention the time...and then constantly having a bad experience! BTW...Men just DON'T get what we have to go through! Hugs to you.......hope you are feeling better