Thread: US-301 or I-75?
View Single Post

Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Default Is Ocala Forest only good during daytime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY View Post
If you're going to TV south of 466, cut the corner on 25. If you're notrth, continu straight across 42, the northern edge of TV.

We've done the drive many times and we were fans of 301 to 24 to Gainesville, catch 75 there and take it to exit 329 (Wildwood). Now we are back to the rural route of 42 to 19 to 40 to Ormond Beach and then I-95. It is more relaxing by far to us. 19 is one of the nicest stretches of road around IMO.
We hv also tried a couple of routes going north, 75>rte24> waldo>301 north>10 and 301 all the way to 10.
have also tried (south to TV) driving through the Ocala National Forest at midnight. This was way way to scary ( I thought my wife who was freaked out by the darkness was going to.....) ((sorry I digress)).
My question is: Is this the best way if you are leaving or entering TV during normal (somewhat) daytime hours?[/I]thanks. I do like going north early, in the morning, up 75 to Gainsville 24 to 301 north in waldo. I do not bother going this way heading south, I just stay on 301 cause it is late, dark and I am tired.