Thread: Visitor Pass
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Never could understand why there are no guests allowed from the three local counties. Seems like TV is telling you not to get friendly with the locals and tell your relatives to stay away. I don't want to pay my recreation fee to help people who choose to purchase next door and use what I pay for. They had a choice.

This is why. Lets say our friends decide to move to the area. They look at The Villages but feel that they can get more home for the money just outside The Villages which they can. They decide that they will buy at say Del Webb since they have good friends that live at The Villages and can use any of the pools, golf courses, and Rec Centers using their guest pass from us.

Also some may wonder why at the Championship Courses you show your ID when you check in at the pro shop then again at the Starter Shack. Well it seems that some time ago non-golfers would get their friends that live just outside The Villages on our courses. The resident would go to the Pro Shop with the friend and resident would show ID and check in then walk outside and hand the starter ticket to their friend and let them go play. The resident didn't care about a crowed course because he dosen't play golf.

A couple of years ago I played in a foursome and the guest lived at Del Webb. I asked him what condition the course up there was in. He said he never plays there he always plays with his friend here in The Villages. He was a snow bird with a out of state ID and that is how they got around it. So if we opened it up for the people who live just outside The Villages it would be more crowded.

I for one feel that if people decide not to purchase in The Villages that is their choice. But I don't want them on our courses during the snow bird time tee times can be at a premium and the people who chose not to purchase here should not be allowed to come in and take my tee time.

This also helps our property values by keeping our neighbors out of the recreation areas that I pay for and they chose not to.

I have a friend who lives outside The Villages as he chose not to purchase in The Villages he now wishes he was in The Villages.

Last edited by Indy-Guy; 05-19-2010 at 07:30 AM.