View Single Post

Old 06-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I love the people that live in TV, you are a unique group, but alot of you live with your heads in the clouds. When a serious subject is posted about TV and it's future, you would rather move on to a more "comfortable" thread, than confront the problems around the corner.I live in the moment, always have, and have few regrets,anybody that tells you they have no regrets is a liar. TV is not a fantasy land, or there would be people standing in line waiting to get in.Just take a reality check and realize you need to get your heads out of the clouds and back on the ground. If i hear one more sales agent tell me the real estate recession has not affected TV, i,m going to.....................
Well said Kentucky Blue. I am enjoying living in The Villages, but it is not perfect, and it is not for everyone. I think there are a certain number of people that feel the need to justify their decision to buy here, and really feel personally offended if anyone finds fault with anything in the Villages. Like you said, sometimes we need to take a reality check. Of course the real estate recession has affected TV, that's a no-brainer. If someone criticizes things here, I don't take it personally. I bought here for my own reasons, and I don't need to justify that to other people. However I realize certain things in TV need improvement, and I'm not shy about voicing my concerns, and working with the right people to try to get things straightened around. You can call it being a good citizen, or just protecting my investment.