View Single Post

Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
I love the people that live in TV, you are a unique group, but alot of you live with your heads in the clouds. When a serious subject is posted about TV and it's future, you would rather move on to a more "comfortable" thread, than confront the problems around the corner.I live in the moment, always have, and have few regrets,anybody that tells you they have no regrets is a liar. TV is not a fantasy land, or there would be people standing in line waiting to get in.Just take a reality check and realize you need to get your heads out of the clouds and back on the ground. If i hear one more sales agent tell me the real estate recession has not affected TV, i,m going to.....................
I think you live in Lexington, Kentucky, Kentucky Blue.

Lexington Kentucky is a great little town. It has some very nice new developments with gorgeous homes outside the circle and the plant in Georgetown is bringing in some population increase. There are the lovely horse farms outside and the very decent medical center. The persona of the town from an outsider is one of warmth and culture but it seems isolated and the elite society there is difficult to enter I have heard. It has hosted the queen of England and has great college sports.

I have visited there MANY times on business and I know quite a few folks who live there. BUT I doubt you can really know a place until or unless you live there.

I say this in kindness Kentucky Blue. I had the same questioning persona a couple of years ago when we visited The Villages a couple of times. I offended residents on this Forum when I was in my questioning and sceptical mode. It sure as heck seemed too good to be true. I used the scientific method and checked and rechecked the conclusions. Now after living there only a year out of two, we are still snowbirds, I am looking forward to moving full time to a state I never liked.

So far we have found The Villages have exceeded our expectations. The bond issue doesn't bother me. The Internal Revenue issue does bother me. I would like a level 2 medical facility closer to TV. I wish that some people would exercise more care driving. I am satisfied with the retail stores. The country club food for the most part is o.k. The greatest joy to me are the new people we have met, but there is always a pill here and there.

It is too hot in the summer. The houses are not as much as you get for the money in Cincinnati...or even outside of TV. It is NOT a democracy, The Morses are the ruling family.

But....I still say it is Paradise.

To each his own..we love it and I sincerely hope you will too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-23-2010 at 08:38 AM.