View Single Post

Old 06-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
I am trying to decide if I can, financially, move to TV. I have several questions. Some are finance related others not. If you have the time to answer one or all questions....THANK YOU.

1.Are residents concerned about the $355 million TV owns to the IRS? Clarification from an earlier response: the issue for residents is whether the IRS rules against the CDDs (not whether it rules against the Developer). The CDDs is us. It could happen but I'm not losing sleep.
2.Would I need flood insurance? If yes, why!? Not sure. Someone told me that standard homeowner's insurance covers hurricanes, but not floods. So insurance company can argue that damage to your home was caused by flooding not hurricane winds.
3.Should I have golf cart insurance? I do. It's only $90 a year. I took advice to cover it on a separate policy from homeowners, so if I had a claim on cart, it would not count against my homeowner's policy.
4.Is it difficult scheduling an appointment with your primary care doctor? Can you get an appointment that week or is the appointment several weeks away? DK
5.Do most doctors accept new patients? DK
6.Do most doctors accept Medicare? DK
7.What is the Community Development District Fee? Am I confusing this with something else like the bond, amenity fee, personal property tax? DK When is this paid? I'm not aware of it.
8.What is an EMS Assessment ($125)? What does EMS stand for? EMS= Emergency Medical Service. I am not aware of an Assessment. When, where and to whom is this paid?
9.TV's Relocation Service. Did they help? What does it cost? DK
10.Homestead Exemption. If I have a bond, can I get this? It has to be your principal residence. You apply at the county tax office. No relationship to the bond.
11.What are golf cart trail fees? An easier question may be...If I don't golf, do I have to pay this fee? Only on golf courses
12.Would I need a water softener in my home?
DK

Good questions, Lynn