Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway View Post
Two lane roundabouts are very simple.

Entering the roundabout in the right lane you can make the first right
turn or continue straight.

Entering the roundabout in the left lane you can continue straight or
continue around.

Any car already in the roundabout has the right of way.

The paperwork at the district office should be handed out to every
new homeowner or renter plus it's availability advertised every day
in the Daily Sun.
I dont think two lane roundabouts are safe. What happens when both vehicles choose to go straight and the first one reaches their exit and turns right in front of the second vehicle as it is going straight to get to its exit?
For example:
If car one enters from the south, goes half way around and exits going north going straight per your example, and car two enters from the east and does the same to exit going west, if car one enters from the center lane and car two enters from the right lane, who has the right a way at the northern exit of the round about? I think most people think the car on the outside ( car 2) has the right away at the north corner to continue to their exit and exit going west, but I think the rules state that car 1 on the inside lane that crosses over in front of car 2 to exit going north has the right of way and there lies the problem.
The other problem is in two lane roundabouts that since the vehicles are traveling in a tight circle, longer vehicles on the inside tend to crowd the right side of their lane to avoid the center curb, and longer vehicles on the outside lane tend to crowd the center lane with the rear of their vehicle naturally as they turn.

What is wrong with making it simple and have single lane roundabouts?