View Single Post

Old 07-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default iPhone and iPad Apps that Sizzle

There was a recent recommendation that we share information our Apps for the iPhone and iPad. Great idea, since I'm always looking for new ways to use my devices. So, I'll start with a couple of my favorites:

Device: iPad & iPhone
Cost: $0.00
App: Weatherbug
Comments: Weatherbug is a weather application that provides weather information on cities, worldwide. This app is simply beautiful on the iPad and includes current conditions, 7 Day forecast, Camera Views and a zoom-able weather map. iPhone version is also a good weather app.

Device: iPhone
App: Golfshot Lite
Comments: This app is for keeping golf score and statistics. I've only used it once, but it was very easy to use and provided some interesting statistics about my game. You can keep score for your 4 some, if you wish. There is a paid version of this app ($29.99), which is a GPS locator, as well. App has thousands of golf courses, including those in The Villages. The GPS on the iPhone will locate the closest courses to your current location. This is very useful, if you are in an unfamiliar area.

Device: iPhone
App: Shazam
Comments: This was one of my first apps and I believe one of the most amazing. The apps will "listen" to any music source (Radio, CD, TV, your humming, etc.) and will identify the artist and song. Once identified, you are normally presented with options to purchase from iTunes or many times, you can watch a YouTube video of the song.