Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Coincidence? Probably. But maybe.....

About that StriVectin-SD eye cream…..What happened to me is either a coincidence or this stuff actually works. That’s why I was wondering if any of you had ever used it. Here’s the story….

About a year ago I was in Macy’s cosmetics department when they were pushing StriVectin. You girls know the drill. I let the saleswoman talk to me about it to the point where I ended up buying a small introductory kit that had different creams in it. At first I thought that the stuff was so expensive that there was no way I was buying any of it – not the spiel or the cream. But the more she talked, the more interested I got and besides, I had some of those Macy’s coupons so I thought….ohhhh, whattheheck.

Anyway, I brought it home and stuck it on a shelf in the closet and continued with my old stuff and forgot all about the StriVectin until last week when I suddenly developed puffy bags under my eyes. One day – there they were – no warning – nothing gradual, I had aged rapidly, in just one day.……

The big puffy bags under my eyes were set off by a deeply etched red-rimmed circle under just the left eye. I guess this was a sinus infection. I had never really had such a thing happen before.

It's not like I am a spring chicken to begin with, but I have seen Bassett hounds that looked a whole lot perkier than I looked.

I kept looking in the mirror and worrying about the new me. This went on for a couple of days. And then I began to play it out to one of those, “Ohhhhhh my goodness….oh, nooooooo what if?” things. What if the puffy, puffy swelling never goes away??? Or what if it the puffy part goes away after a long time, but then the skin itself is all stretched out and leaves behind a saggy, floppy droop of skin. (I am of the collagen-challenged age and so I figured that could happen.).

Then I remembered the StriVectin in the closet. And I remembered those promises from that sign in the aisle at Macy’s. And I remembered my encounter at the counter where I let myself be talked into buying some of this magic potion.

And so I dug out the eye cream and I put it on and the next morning – you guessed it – I looked like myself again. The bags were gone. There was no droop. And the red circle had faded away.

But I don’t know if it was a coincidence or if this stuff worked. The sinus infection hung around for a few more days.

And that’s why I asked you girls if anybody else had ever used this stuff. This seems too good to be true. Has to be. None of that stuff works like that for real. But it has been kind of fun to wonder.....

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-04-2010 at 11:22 PM.