Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Great story Boom. I think you've just boosted StriVectin sales by 300%! (But I've heard Preparation H does the same thing for a lot less cash).
Barefoot! That has to be it! All I could think of was that it was probably made out of cucumbers and teabags, but I bet you are right.

And Barb, thank you for the research.

There is a lot of it left in the tube, but I was at Macy's the other day and I checked the recent price because I was curious. It was on sale for 47 bucks for a tube that is supposed to last 6 months. The saleswoman said that they are changing the packaging and so the old stuff is on sale. Still a ridiculous price. And certainly not as cheap as Preparation H.

I have a feeling that you are absolutely right about the Preparation H. The wonders of marketing huh. -- Could be exactly what this stuff is. -- Well, if not exactly, it is probably really close to the formula.

Sooooo, I wonder if we should conduct a scientific experiment here in the Girl Talk thread?

Boomer

PS: Also, it looks like we have some new people around here on TOTV and if you are one of them and you are reading Girl Talk, welcome. This thread was started by Barefoot more than two years ago. It is a conversation. The kind of conversation that only women understand. We go from subject to subject and we never lose track of what we are talking about and nobody can ever be accused of hijacking because there is no such thing here.

Of course, I know that you must be a girl if you are reading this because it is "No Boys Allowed" here in this thread. So please join in anytime with Girl Talk.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-05-2010 at 07:17 AM.