View Single Post

Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Default Scrabble anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
There was a recent recommendation that we share information our Apps for the iPhone and iPad. Great idea, since I'm always looking for new ways to use my devices. So, I'll start with a couple of my favorites:

Device: iPad & iPhone
Cost: $0.00
App: Weatherbug
Comments: Weatherbug is a weather application that provides weather information on cities, worldwide. This app is simply beautiful on the iPad and includes current conditions, 7 Day forecast, Camera Views and a zoom-able weather map. iPhone version is also a good weather app.

Device: iPhone
App: Golfshot Lite
Comments: This app is for keeping golf score and statistics. I've only used it once, but it was very easy to use and provided some interesting statistics about my game. You can keep score for your 4 some, if you wish. There is a paid version of this app ($29.99), which is a GPS locator, as well. App has thousands of golf courses, including those in The Villages. The GPS on the iPhone will locate the closest courses to your current location. This is very useful, if you are in an unfamiliar area.

Device: iPhone
App: Shazam
Comments: This was one of my first apps and I believe one of the most amazing. The apps will "listen" to any music source (Radio, CD, TV, your humming, etc.) and will identify the artist and song. Once identified, you are normally presented with options to purchase from iTunes or many times, you can watch a YouTube video of the song.
I'm an ipod touch and ipod user. My faves are MLB.com At Bat 2010 for checking out the ball games by listening to the audio and watching video highlights. Bing Music plays the top 100 songs by yearsI am addicted to Scrabble. I also enjoy Sirius XM along with Pandora. Sirius XM has a free 7 day trial. Another interesting app is Adobe Ideas (free) for simple sketching. ABC Player is great for watching recent shows. Whistle works great for free long distance calls with a 15 second commercial before connecting. It is like having a speaker phone on the ipad. I also have a Nikon guide app that is better than reading the fine print in the manual.
I went with the 64 GB model after buying a smaller size flash drive on my ipod touch. I'm looking forward to multitasking with iOS4 this fall.
Has anyone purchased speakers for their ipad?