View Single Post

Old 07-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Platinum member
Default Excuse Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guy View Post
"You don't want to get them out of your house....you don't want them in there in the first place."

This is a lone from Dillywho's post.

I'm not an idiot. I know what I read,

Apparently you do not read (or maybe comprehend) as good as you thought.

Hey, its your life not mine. I only speak from experience and true statistics.
I could'nt tell you how many people call us after the fact. Many times after a catostrophic event.
I don't really know what your point is, but mine was that you want to keep them from entering in the first place. Once they are in, it is too late.

As for not advertising that you have a system, that statement was from a former law enforcement person so you do not lose the element of surprise whether you have a monitored system or not. The whole idea is that once the alarm goes off, they won't stick around to find out which kind.

The "alarm" is not intended for fire, medical emergencies, etc. I do have a separate system for that right now which is monitored. They ask you what your emergency is so I don't think that would really work for burglary. I don't think they would tell them that they were just there to steal. SunCoast does have a dial-up that will work for that and I plan to get it when they come out with the new one.

Talk Host is right.....there is no need for you to be so hateful. I am truly sorry that I offended you. Perhaps you are not the only one who has answers, though. Many on this site also have security experience.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."