Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
P, I just turned 49 this July. About a year ago, when we moved to NC from DC area, I started thinking I was losing my mind. I couldn't remember simple things. I'd wander aimlessly in the new house. I didn't say anything to my husband.

I thought oh, he's stressed and doesn't need to hear my silliness. I'm just stressed from the move. It progressed to a point of panic on my part. I had to start taking a nap in the afternoons before I could fix dinner. Not that I wanted to lay down and sleep. Because I couldn't put one foot in front of the other. Then I started having chest "pains" and horrible sweats and gaining weight. I went to a general practioner and a cardiologist. Both said the same thing. Menapause.

I thought, you know, of all the wonderful women I've known in my life, none warned me of this. Then I realized. They may have wanted to, but they forgot.
My forgetfulness was the most shocking. The weight gain is uncontrollable because I don't have any energy to spike my metabolism. I am not taking HRTs. Just sweating it out.

I saw a little sign that said, "Women over 50 shouldn't have babies. They'll lay them down and forget where they put them."
Hey BK, I laughed and laughed at your post. And then I read it to Fireboy and we both laughed. You are such an entertaining writer. I loved the sign about forgetting where you put your baby. Hilarious.

And Boomer, don't worry, I'll never give up the quest to find the magic bullet. I know it's out there. I'm actually trying acupuncture next. My friend Hyacinth is currently eating all her food with a baby spoon. To slow down her eating. There is no end to the things we'll try (as long as it doesn't involve exercise or eating less, )

UUJudy, you just listed all my favouite foods. Except you forgot Haagen Daas Icecream! When I find the magic bullet, I know that it will allow us to eat all these foods!

I'm still seriously considering having my eyebrows tattooed.