Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Judy and Barefoot,

Being a Cincinnati girl, I hope it will be Graeter's ice cream, but I gotta tellya, Haagen Daas rum raisin is my backup.

And speaking of Cincinnati, Mark Twain is supposed to have said that if the world is ending you should go to Cincinnati because everything there happens 20 years later. Well, Twain was probably right. I just heard about Greek yogurt. Probably everybody else already knows about it.

When I heard about Greek yogurt, I thought maybe I could make myself believe this stuff tastes like ice cream. So I bought a brand called Chobani and I mixed it with walnuts and blueberries and bananas. It was fine --as long as you wanted to be eating Greek yogurt with walnuts and blueberries and bananas and not Graeter's ice cream. (Sigh) If only I had a better imagination.

Barefoot, when I read about your friend Hyacinth using a baby spoon, I got up and went into the kitchen and opened the silverware drawer and sure enough, there I found a little fork and a little spoon -- toddler size, left over from the days when my grandchildren were little. Ironically, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed them there (the spoon and fork, not my grandchildren) and wondered what I was going to do with them, and now, here's a plan, right here on Girl Talk.

And, Judy, I agree. Barefoot would be our queen if she found the magic solution. Heck, Barefoot would be Queen of the Entire Universe if she did that. I sure hope she would still have time for us little people back here in Girl Talk.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 07-30-2010 at 10:40 AM.