Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Estrogen is a proven cancer trigger. Even artificial (natural) estrogen. If there is breast cancer in your genetic makeup, than even soy milk is something that a physician should evaluate.

I think that you should have your vitamin D levels checked by a regular M.D. Mine were almost non existant. He put me on an extremely high dosage of vitamin D. Once weekly for three months. I lost 30 pounds in that time frame. He told me to continue to take 1000 units a day. I think any additives need to be evaluated by a physician.
I agree with GG that estrogen falls into a "suspicious" zone. I stopped drinking soy milk for that reason.

I took HRT for five years, I think "forever young" was the mantra. And then suddenly, after many years of doctors swearing that HRT was a magic bullet, the whole world realized that HRT could be very harmful. Who knew?

Re Vitamin D .. I thought that sunshine equalled Vitamin D. I'm confused. But it can't hurt to have it tested. So now I'm taking GG's advice. Stand back .... I'm heading to the doctor to have my Vitamin D levels checked. Sigh. Could this finally be a solution to my muffin top?