View Single Post

Old 08-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistrucksforyou View Post
Let me be the first here to be honest with you....Being gay isn't the issue ,it's will people in TV play with me, golf, cards, pickle ball, whatever....

I have visited TV twice a year for 4 years now and I have yet had one person ask me to play golf or go out to dinner...All people there is willing to give you is alot of lip service on how great it is there and how much there is to do, well unless you are in the click you are just another shopper ....The tour is a set up from the property owner...Special cards that are color coded so the buisness owners will know who you are...All the buisness people are prompted to wave at you as you ride by in the bus...Don't get me wrong, it is a great place to live with some good and bad people there...It will be the same there as anywhere else you may go....After saying that let ME BE THE FIRST to have you and your partner be my guest on the golf coarse or have dinner there, and I can show you around....At least I made the offer !

Just my thoughts
What? Hogwash!

Granted you may not have been asked to dinner etc. but perhaps that is your fault? Do you expect people to just stop you and say "Hey dude, how about joining our foursome tomorrow".? Go join a group as a single golfer. Do that day after day and I guarantee you that you'll make some new golfing friends. Go join in on any group (pickleball lessons, lap swimmers, card games, etc.) and talk with people - you'll make friends. Yes you have to put yourself out there but that is no different than any place.

I don't often get angry on this forum but for Salvatore's benefit please understand that this is an open forum and people can say anything they'd like to. Salvatore has taken the first step by posting on this board. I've made dozens of real friends over the past 3 years through TOTV. I meet with these friends for golf, bocce, shuffleboard, dinners, home parties, pickleball... every time I visit.

And I'll be there next week to pick out my home and interior choices, so let the fun begin.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 08-02-2010 at 06:06 AM.