View Single Post

Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen View Post
If you are planning to buy a new or pre-owned home south of Lake Sumter Landing Town Square, plan to spend about $3800 in drainage repair fees from your own pocket. The yards were designed and graded improperly, but The Villages will not correct at their expense. So much for "The Friendliest Town in America."

Carmen
Carmen - I think I have seen you post about this problem before. I bought a CYV in the area you warn about and I have large drains in the corners of my corner lot. Never a problem with me or my neighbors. Is this problem specific to you. Since I am in the area I would like to know if you are blowing off steam due to a problem specific to only your lot or if it is a real concern because others have had to spend their own money to fix the same problem. As someone who was once in the assigned risk pool for homeowners' insurance due to many water damage claims, I would like to know the extent of this problem. In one of my previous homes I fought the builder for a year until he just told me to fix it myself as it was cheaper than suing him.