Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage

Funny you should mention it. I discovered Greek Yogurt at the grocery yesterday (Monday). The brand I found was called Fage. All live cultures.

I decided to try it but... I had decided that starting Monday, as part of this low GI plan Freeda has convinced me to try, I would eat NO sugar at all between now and Aug. 21. No sugar added that is. I'm eating plenty of fresh fruit. So, I got the plain yogurt, no sugar, no fruit (because the ones with fruit have sugar and high fructose corn syrup and stuff).

Needless to say the plain, unsweetened yogurt by itself was TERRIBLE. YUCK! I added some raw honey, fresh blueberries and raspberries and sliced some banana and mixed it with the plain yogurt. Had it for breakfast this morning. It was good.

Why no sugar until Aug. 21? That's the date of my 40th high school reunion. I'd love to shed 10 lbs by then. It's a great incentive.

So Monday was day one. I ate oatmeal with fresh berries for breakfast. A field greens salad with brocholi, cucumber, radishes, almonds, pamagranade (wierd but on hand-- and good), a little cheese, egg and oil & vinegar dressing for lunch. Some pecans and half an apple for a snack. Salmon rubbed with garlic-flavored extra virgin olive oil and asparagus for dinner, with the rest of the apple for desert.

Weighed this morning. On day one I lost 1 lb!