Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default some catching up to do here

Gracie, I loved your "Beware of Greeks bearing yogurt" warning. When I read it, I immediately visualized yogurt packaged inside a little wooden horse with wheels on it. I think it was Cassandra in the story of the Trojan War who ran around inside the walls of Troy, yelling about the Greeks, "Do not open that gate. Do not bring that wooden horse in here. It is not a surrender gift from the Greeks. It is a trick." But nobody would listen to her. And now, I will remember that story every time I think about Greek yogurt.

And Judy, you're right about that Seinfeld episode. Do you think we are in a Seinfeld episode here? I think maybe we are.

And pooh and ssmith,

I have to ask this. You are talking about banana "hangers" but i am wondering if you meant banana "hammocks." We were talking about those several months ago here. I told about the unfortunate choices of swim trunks made by a couple of guys who insisted on parading past my water aerobics class. There was Mr. See-Through-Pants who wore the baggy white ones -- baggy until they got wet. And then the guy wearing the banana hammock and we all know what those look like. Both -- unfortunate choices.

I thought that was what you meant. I typed "banana hammock" into Search and it took me to p. 103 of our thread here. I sure am going to be embarrassed though if you were talking about banana hangers like people have in their kitchen and here I am talking about something completely different.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-07-2010 at 10:52 PM.