Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Gold member
Default thanks!

Freeda, thanks for the great explanation and the link to the website. I've bookmarked it, scanned it briefly, and will really look into it.

I was also (note the word "was") one of those people who really never had to worry about weight, ate anything I wanted, but mostly ate and liked healthy stuff, with a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. Too much cheese and crackers and potato chips, though. I think one of my problems is I like almost everything, not at all a picky eater.

Noticed gradual weight gain after I hit about 40 but not enough to really bother me until recently, when I had to go up another dress size (why do we say dress size when most of us hardly ever wear dresses anymore)?

Every time I went on a "diet" I actually ended up gaining another pound or two, because I was so focused on food. I once joined Weightwatchers on the low fat program, and didn't lose a pound after 6 weeks. Just ate everything on the no or low fat list, and more of it.

This (low-glycemic) does really seem like a complete lifestyle change, but a really doable one. I will keep you posted.

And thanks again, Freeda, for taking the time to give us the details.

We switched to whole grain pastas and brown rice 2-3 years ago, almost exclusively, am assuming this is still a great move. Other thing we did was switch to Joint Juice, with chondroitin and glucosamine, instead of fruit juices. We buy it by the case at Sam's club.