View Single Post

Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
I can't wait till the Masters so I can sit in the bunkers and watch since we now know that bunkers are open to walk in, stand in, and sit in while the pros are hitting. I won't have to stand in the crowds anymore! If they tell me to get out I am going to say the PGA rule is you can be in "bunkers" unless the player asks the official before every shot if his ball is in a bunker. Then the player and I will know it is a bunker.
Are you really telling me the PGA official at the scene does not enforce bunker rules unless the player asks him to?
I'm saying the player is responsible for his actions, and if he questions something there is always a PGA official close by. They usually can easily identify a bunker. That wasn't the case over the weekend. On any normal weekend you'll see an official called in to make a determination on something that seems obvious. The players are used to asking, it's nothing new.

There was a clear exception to what the players expect, it was published, posted, handed out, etc. (What they expect is no one in bunkers, raked sand, etc. What they were told is that people would be in bunkers, there would be footprints, heel prints, and tire tracks. These bunkers were outside the ropes. Sorry, but I doubt you'll find that exception at the Masters.