Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
A banana is, what, about 100-110 calories? One cup of strawberries is about 50 calories. Spinach, about the same as strawberries. About 45 calories in one cup of sweetened almond milk. Lots of fiber in strawberries and bananas, but lots of potassium and sugar. That's what I have to watch. And that's two things I loveee. That drink sounds yummie.

Still I wonder about the isolate protein. I found body builder info about it but not much else.
I was kidding about the 2,000 calories! Still, with all the stuff I jammed into the blender, it wasn't a "diet" drink. But OMG, was it healthy! And delicious. (And I should know because I had three glasses full ... hmmmm ... I guess that isn't the idea). I add protein because I believe that protein keeps you from getting hungry. So I try to have a little protein with every meal.

I went to a body building store (by mistake) to buy the protein. I felt like an idiot when I walked into the store and it was full of young body builders. They all turned around and stared at the little granny walking in! I bought "Extreme Power Whey Isolate Protein". The bottles were all so large I could hardly carry one!

Isolate protein is the purest (and most expensive) kind of protein. Supposedly it acts immediately for bodybuilders to give them a power surge.

I had the smoothies on Monday and I'm still waiting for my power surge!