Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I hope somebody has a helpful hint here on what to do about this.

I have new sandals and they have a problem.

I just bought them yesterday so I guess I could take them back, but I don't want to. They are sandals. Going out among back-to-school shoppers in Ohio in almost-September to look for sandals was something I figured would be a lost cause. But I had to try.

And there they were. First stop. I was surprised. Clarks sandals. Sensible. Comfortable. And best of all, the foot-bed (or whatever you call that part where your foot stands) is black just like the rest of the sandal. I will not buy sandals where that part is white because, no matter what, I get that part dirty. I step in and out of my shoes a lot during the day I guess.

Clarks are not what they used to be. That wonderful old brand from England now comes from China mostly. These did. But I felt lucky to find sandals this time of year, especially considering that I wear a 7M along with everybody else. And, besides, they were on sale.

So this morning I put them on to walk around the house to start breaking them in. I looked so fetching in my white socks and my pajamas and my new sandals.

But then......aaaaauuuuuugh!!!!....

squeak squeak squeak squeak Squeakity Squeakity SQUEAK!

Is there anything that can fix this? I do not want to have to start over. I hate to shop for shoes. But I do not want to be constantly announcing my presence by squeaking along. I feel certain that if these shoes were the proper English Clarks, like they used to make, there would be no squeaking permitted. (sigh)

I hope somebody can help. (I have thought of trying WD 40.)

Boomer
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't your joints, Boom?