Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I hope somebody has a helpful hint here on what to do about this.

I have new sandals and they have a problem.

I just bought them yesterday so I guess I could take them back, but I don't want to. They are sandals. Going out among back-to-school shoppers in Ohio in almost-September to look for sandals was something I figured would be a lost cause. But I had to try.

And there they were. First stop. I was surprised. Clarks sandals. Sensible. Comfortable. And best of all, the foot-bed (or whatever you call that part where your foot stands) is black just like the rest of the sandal. I will not buy sandals where that part is white because, no matter what, I get that part dirty. I step in and out of my shoes a lot during the day I guess.

Clarks are not what they used to be. That wonderful old brand from England now comes from China mostly. These did. But I felt lucky to find sandals this time of year, especially considering that I wear a 7M along with everybody else. And, besides, they were on sale.

So this morning I put them on to walk around the house to start breaking them in. I looked so fetching in my white socks and my pajamas and my new sandals.

But then......aaaaauuuuuugh!!!!....

squeak squeak squeak squeak Squeakity Squeakity SQUEAK!

Is there anything that can fix this? I do not want to have to start over. I hate to shop for shoes. But I do not want to be constantly announcing my presence by squeaking along. I feel certain that if these shoes were the proper English Clarks, like they used to make, there would be no squeaking permitted. (sigh)

I hope somebody can help. (I have thought of trying WD 40.)

Boomer
Does the shoe liner come out? That could be where the squeak is coming from. I have a pair of shoes that squeak, but only when I put a particular shoe insert in. Drives me nuts. I need the insert for a heel problem and without it in, those athletic shoes are uncomfortable. If your foot liners are removable, try walking in the shoes without them and see if they squeak. If they don't, I'd return the shoes.

How sad, you've found what sounds like a really good shoe, fashion and bargin wise. Too bad they announce your arrival before you do...