Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default the squeaky Boomer gets the grease

Thanks, girls, for all the suggestions.

I know it's not my joints, GG. Isn't that what WD-40 is really for? (Well, actually sometimes I like to dab a little WD-40 behind my ears. I think that stuff smells wonderful. On really special occasions, I have been known to dab a little Grand Marnier behind my ears. I think the smell of Grand Marnier is too wonderful to try to describe.) But I digress, back to my sandals....

Tonight I decided to try my sandals again. So I put them on and got busy on some house stuff, including cleaning out the refrigerator which is what I almost always do on Garbage Eve. Wednesday is Garbage Eve. Annie always looks on with hope in her heart. Annie got the last few ounces of turkey breast and a couple of little carrots.

I needed to get rid of an ear of corn and two skinny slices of watermelon so I walked down the hall and delivered those to Mr. Boomer. He was in his office, still reading that book about that girl who's got a dragon tattoo and plays with fire and kicks hornets' nests.

I returned to the kitchen and bustled about some more.

Well, I was so heavily involved in all my domesticity and leftovers-pushing that I did not notice right away that my new shoes had stopped squeaking!

I don't know how it happened. Maybe it was that the sole needed to be compressed. Maybe it was all the good vibes from the Girl Talk thread. Whatever it was, I am happy that they are working out fine now. And they are getting more and more comfortable as the leather stretches out a little.. The fit is perfect.

I bought these shoes at the mall, but I found a picture of them on Zappos just now so you could see them if you want to.....

http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/dp/59639571/c/3.html

And thanks again for helping.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-26-2010 at 08:58 AM.