View Single Post

Old 08-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Gold member
Default need more info if anyone knows

Thanks NJBlue, for the update.

Unless I'm losing it, which is entirely possible, CenturyLink (formerly EMBARQ) did indeed have a deal with DishTV, not DirectTV, when we checked it out in detail a few months ago. Now they appear to have a deal instead with DirectTV

Now we are actually doing the move. Currently have regular Comcast for us and our various tenants, costs about $64/mo. Keeps going up. No premium channels, but does have ESPN and a couple of other sports things, I think ESPN2, maybe Classic ESPN and possibly ESPNU (can't remember).

We also have Centrylink for internet (I guess it's DSL, not sure - it's fine) and a local land line, costs about $75/mo. Total Cable & Internet & land line is about $140/mo, no premium channels. Willing to do away with our land line if we can save much, but need internet and TV (cable or dish) with the midwest sports stuff.

We want (no, make that NEED) to get FoxSports Ohio (for Reds games), Sportstime Ohio (for Indians games), and the Big Ten (I know, there will now be 12 teams in 2011) Network.

Does anyone have any updates on how to get all of these in one package? I know I can call, and I will, but as someone pointed out, you get different answers from different sales reps when you call. I called AT&T U-verse who now cover parts of Florida, but was told CenturyLink has an exclusive deal with Sumter County, or at least The Villages. I think they meant Comcast, but that's not what they said.